My name is Stephanie Craig. In 1990, at the age of six, I read my first American Girl Dolls book (it was Meet Felicity). In a rose-pink bedroom in Oklahoma, I learned about what life was like in Colonial Virginia. I was hooked.
Since then, my love of history has been my favorite hobby, leading me to travel all over the world to experience the places and peoples I have read about. I seek out important architecture, artworks, UNESCO World Heritage sites, and monuments-the places that bring history to life.
Through my travels, I have gone from history lover to amateur historian, sharing photographs and stories from far-away places.
To date, I have visited 56 UNESCO World heritage sites spread across 35 countries and 4 continents. However, there are many, many more visits to come.
Some of my favorite historic sites:
- Standing on top of the city walls in Istanbul
- Visiting the battlefield of Gettysburg
- Touring the White House twice
- Seeing the Soviet break-away republic Transnistria
- Being haunted by the dual terror regimes of the Nazis and the Communists in the Terror House in Budapest
- Seeing the layers of civilizations atop the Citadel in Amman, Jordan
- Being given the keys to a 14th century chapel in the Troodos Mountains in Cyprus