Last Updated on: 17th January 2023, 01:31 pm
Looking for beautiful quotes about Belize? Whether you need a quote to use as a Belize Instagram caption or you want a quote to help inspire a future trip, here’s a perfect Belize quote for every occasion! When you’re done, if you still want more ideas, check out my favorite Belize puns!
Can’t read now? Pin for later!
My Favorite Quotes about Belize
Here are the best Belize travel quotes (though I’m always looking for more)! If you love quotes, you might also want to check out my post on 250 Inspirational Travel Quotes.
If home is where the heart is, then Belize is my home.
If the world had any ends, Belize would certainly be one of them. It is not on the way from anywhere to anywhere else. It has no strategic value. It is all but uninhabited.
(Note the original quote refers to British Honduras instead of the modern name Belize).
Belize is a curious place.
-Belize Tourism Board slogan
After a late night talking, drinking rum drinks and playing cards with other guests, we realize that Belize’s jungles are not good places to nurse a hangover. It’s hard to sleep. The jungle noises commence well before sunrise, a combination of howler monkeys, frogs, toads, toucans and cicadas that, together, make a sound we’ve never heard before.
For me, Belize’s independence means the freedom for my country to be unlike no other.
Belize: Mother Nature’s best kept secret.
-former Belize tourism slogan
We want to send a clear message, this is Belize and we will defend every inch, every centimeter of our country.
Belize is so raw and so clear and so in-your-face. There’s an opportunity to see something about human nature that you can’t really see in a politer society, because the purpose of society is to mask ourselves from each other.
But there is a different Belize that we set out to find: its lush interior, thick with rain forests, Mayan ruins, tiny villages, intense wildlife and (most happily, for the kids) intricate cave systems that can be explored by floating on inner tubes, while dodging bats.
I doubt you will ever find a country as diverse as Belize. Our population comprises of people of many cultures all living harmoniously ‘as one.’ We may face challenges on a daily basis, but we always have a friendly smile and warmly welcome everyone to enjoy Belize.
Dozens of swallowtail butterflies are dancing in the air, and we pull the car over to watch. We’ve been on the road in Belize for nearly three hours with no shortage of sightseeing along the way.
Belize: Discover how to be.
-former Belize Tourism Slogan
But Belize can still feel like one of Huxley’s end-of-the-world places, its charms hiding in plain sight.
Have you read any beautiful quotes about Belize recently? If so, leave them in the comments, and I’ll add it to the list!
Books to Read Before You Visit Belize
- Belize: A Novel is a historical novel about the history of the country and takes place in almost every corner of Belize.
- Beka Lamp is a poignant novel about a young Belizean girl growing up during the British Colonial era.
- The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Woman’s Fight to Save the World’s Most Beautiful Bird tells the story of Sharon Matola, who launched one of the most successful campaigns to save Central American wildlife from her zoo in Belize.
5 Things to Pack for Your Trip to Belize
I have an entire post on what to pack for Belize, but if you don’t read it, make sure to have these five things with you before you get to the Belize City Airport:
- Lonely Planet Belize which is available as a paper copy or in a Kindle edition.
- Mosquito Repellant is the single most important thing you’ll want on you as soon as dusk hits. Have enough to at least get through the first night.
- Full-Sized Travel Towel This is the best travel towel in the world. It’s pretty enough for the beach, large enough that you forget it’s a microfibre towel, and quick-drying, which is crucial in super humid Belize.
- Sunscreen – sunscreen is crazy expensive in Belize compared to other countries. If you can bring some with you, then do. If you’re flying carry-on only, then at least grab a travel-sized to get through your first day before getting to a store.
- A GoPro for underwater and action photography. Why go all the way to Belize and not be able to capture some of the most exciting parts of your trip?
More Belize Travel Resources
If you’re still trying to decide where to go in Belize, check out my post on the best Belize beaches, plus my overview the most Instagrammable places in Belize which will give you some trip inspiration beyond just the country’s (spectacular) beaches. For even more itinerary inspiration, check out the best places to visit in Belize.
If you’ll be headed to Caye Caulker, check out my guide on how to get there from BZE and Belize City.
Finally, here’s my guide to snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. Even if you plan to go snorkeling in a different part of the country, this guide goes over what generally to expect and what to bring with you.
And of course, if you’re headed to Belize soon, check out my complete Belize packing list for what to wear in Belize and the best Belize puns and Instagram caption ideas for if you’re having too much fun to stop and think up what to say.
Don’t Forget About Travel Insurance!
It’s a good idea to always have a valid travel insurance policy before you travel someplace like Belize where you’ll be doing activities and spending time outside. It’s just a fact that accidents can happen on the road, and you don’t want them to ruin your trip!
I pay for World Nomads, and I happily recommend them. It’s especially important to get travel insurance when you’ll be doing any outdoor activities (like…ahem…snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming…).
I have been a paying customer of World Nomads for travel insurance for three years, and I happily recommend them. It’s an especially good idea to get travel insurance when participating in outdoor activities or driving in foreign countries. Even in the cities, though, you’ll be happy when you’re able to replace your stuff if it’s lost or stolen or have help with any medical bills.