For this episode of Rick Steves Over Brunch, Chris Mitchell (travelingmitch) and I chat about the 2006 Rick Steve’s Europe episode “Vienna.” We see Rick Steves’ Vienna – one of sauerkraut, sachertorte, and apple tart – but he leaves a bit of room for the sites. We’re not loving the cold open on this one, but what did you think?
Listen to the Podcast Episode “Vienna”
Subscribe and listen on the podcast episode of your choice:
Or you can listen to it here:
Watch the Rick Steves’ Europe episode of “Vienna”
If you haven’t seen the episode and want to catch it, you can watch it here:
Stephanie’s Vienna Travel Tips
It’s a Great Place to Go in Winter!
While this episode shows off Vienna in summer, Vienna in winter is fabulous. The whole city basically turns into a giant Christmas market, and it’s a delicious way to explore the city.
When in Vienna, You have to Go to the Opera
You can get a last minute standing ticket for cheap like Chris, or do what I did and get a box seat. Either way, come prepared to wach the people as much as the performance.
For the Best Meals, Plan Ahead
Have an idea of where you want to go before your meal, and you’ll end up finding better deals and bettter stay away from tourist traps.
More about Traveling in Austria
- What to Pack for Austria
- A Day at Schoenbrunn Palace
- Visiting Hallstatt-Dachstein UNESCO World Heritage Site
- A Day trip from Vienna to Bratislava
- Rick Steves Over Brunch: Vienna (podcast episode)
- 11 Stunning Catholic Monasteries Everyone Should See
- 101 Epic History Travel Ideas to Help Plan Your Next Adventure
- The 50 Most Beautiful Castles in the World and the Pictures to Prove It
What do you want to know about traveling in Vienna? What are your best Vienna Travel Tips? Share below!