Looking for hilarious Venice puns to share with friends before a trip to Venice? Or want a few clever puns to use as Venice Instagram captions on your trip? Here are my favorite Venice jokes and puns to help make your amazing trip to Venice even more enjoyable!
Can’t read now? Pin for later!
My Favorite Venice Puns & Jokes
Here are the best Venice puns and jokes (though I’m always looking for more)! Full disclosure, prepare for an overload of gondola puns!
Venice? Try Ven-NICE!
Since you’ve been gone-dola.
Whatever floats your gondola.
Canal Italian cities be as pretty as Venice?
Venice has a pizza my heart.
Venice, I’m gondola miss you!
It’s Venice to see you!
The Venetian views are not to be mist!
You cannoli imagine how beautiful Venice is!
Have you been Ven-Naughty or Ven-Nice?
Scoops, I did it again! (For your gelato pics, obviously).
Going once, going twice, gondola!
Let’s get fizzical. (For your perfect Aperol Spritz photograph).
Feline just fine in Venice. (For any Venetian kitties you might run into).
Another sun bites the dust. (For those glorious Venice sunsets).
My afternoon is BOOKED. (For your visits to Venice’s famous book store,
The Rialto Bridge is Rial-to Fabulous!
I’m on vay-canal-tion.
Venice stole a pizza my heart.
St. Mark’s the Spot.
Take a jacket to BUR-ano!
Enjoying a grande espresso on the Grand Canal.
I’m over the lagoon for Venice!
In Venice, the glass is always half full.
Hitting up the Merchants of Venice (for your souvenir shopping sprees).
Have you come up with any hilarious Venice jokes or puns recently? If so, leave them in the comments, and I’ll add it to the list!
5 Things to Pack for Your Trip to Venice
- The Lonely Planet Italy guidebook or the Rick Steves Italy guidebook for your trip. It can be kind of a pain to find the major guidebooks once you arrive in Italy, or you’ll find them overpriced. I always like to pick mine up ahead of time.
- An Unlocked Cell Phone so that you can use an Italian sim card while here to help navigate the trains.
- Backup Charging Bank for your cell phone since you’ll be using it as a camera, GPS system, and general travel genie.
- A Camera since Venice is super photogenic. I use a mix of my Nikon D810 and my Samsung8 smartphone these days.
- A Great Day Bag so you can carry what you need with you (like your camera, snacks, water, sunscreen, cash, etc). My current favorite is the Pacsafe Citysafe, which is especially great for Italy because it has many anti-theft features.
More Italy Travel Resources
Here are some resources to help you plan your trip to Italy. If you’re headed to Venice, check out my podcast episode Rick Steves Over Brunch: Venice and these beautiful quotes about Venice to inspire you before your trip.
If you’re going to be visiting Rome, check out my interview with Mike Duncan on the history of the Roman Forum. I also have three episodes about Rome on Rick Steves Over Brunch, including this episode on Rome recorded with Rick Steves himself!
Headed to Milan? Be sure to check out these beautiful ancient Milan churches while you’re there!
Finally, check out my list of books to read before your vacation in Italy.
Don’t Forget About Travel Insurance!
Before you leave for Italy make sure you have a valid Travel Insurance Policy because accidents happen on the road. I pay for World Nomads, and I happily recommend them. It’s especially important to get travel insurance if you’ll be hanging out in cities (like Venice…ahem) where tourists can be the victims of pickpockets. Italy is the only country I’ve been to (out of almost seventy) where I’ve had someone try to pick my pocket!
I have been a paying customer of World Nomads for travel insurance for two years, and I happily recommend them. If you get sick, injured, or have your stuff stolen, you’ll be happy to have the ability to pay for your medical bills or replace what’s stolen or broken.
Pin this guide to the Best Venice Jokes and Puns for Your Trip!